Tweakui for Windows 2000 / XP Thu - Sep 11, 2003Posted by supriyatna in All, Download, Windows.
Microsoft has released Tweak UI 1.33. The Microsoft Windows Shell Development Team has put together a set of productivity tools called PowerToys. If you’re a Windows power-user, go ahead and try them out, but realize these are unsupported tools. Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about PowerToys. Supports Win9x, Windows ME, Windows NT, and Windows 2000. Microsoft has also released an XP version. TweakUI for XP is now available as part of the PowerToys for XP.
Another tools for tweaking Windows Box are:
1. Xteq X-Setup – The ultimate freeware tool for Black Belt system tweaking. Works for Windows 95, Windows 98 (SE), Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.
– change more than 500 hidden functions with simple button clicks
– wizards that allow you to change system in a step-by-step process
– will record nearly all changes from a plug-in or wizard to a REG file which can be applied to PCs without installing X-Setup
– needs only at about 5 MB RAM
– driven by plug-ins which you can write using X-Setup SDK
– requires the Microsoft Scripting Engine
– With Record Mode activated, nearly all changes from a plug-in or wizard are recorded to a REG file. This file can then be easily applied to thousands of machines without needing to install X-Setup on them
2. WinHacker is a utility that you can use to configure the hidden Windows 95, 98, 2000, and Windows NT 4.0 settings. WinHacker is THE Windows Shell Management Tool.
– Ability to rename or change the icon of any shell folder (such as My Computer, Recycle Bin).
– Add / Remove specific shell folders from My Computer or the Desktop.
– Ability to move your desktop directory, and other folders such as Favorites, etc
– Show Windows Bitmaps as thumbnails in Explorer.
– Scripting language to create ‘plugins’ that can modify the registry, INI files, etc.
– Full context-sensitive help (What’s This? help).
– Windows 95/98/2000 and Windows NT 4.0 specific features.
– And much, much more…